1. Sookie Stackhouse Series-I love this series by Charlaine Harris. The first story I read was a short story in an anthology and loved the character. Reading the story led me to reading the series. I love True Blood as well. I have the first 3 seasons on dvd.
2. The Dark Hunter Series-Sherrilyn Kenyon. I came across this series while looking at new books at the library. A copy of the fourth book was on the shelf and I picked it up and read the blurb. It immediately caught my attention. I’ve been reading the series ever since.
3. Anita Blake Series-Laurell K. Hamilton. I absolutely love this series. It became one of my favorites after reading the third book in the series. As with other series I have read I went back and got caught up.
4. Harry Potter Series-J.K. Rowling. I read the first book of the series after seeing the movie. I wasn’t going to read any of them at first but after reading the first one I was hooked on the series. I have all the movies and will soon finish up adding the books to my book collection.
5. The Mortal Instruments Series-Cassandra Clare. I started reading this series because the movie was getting ready to come out and the trailer for it caught my attention. I picked up a copy and read it. I have spent most of the summer reading the series and the other series The Infernal Devices.
6. The Dresden Files–Jim Butcher. I was turned onto the Dresden Files books by a friend of mine who is a fan. She lent a copy of his earlier books in the series to read. I was hooked. I love the character Harry Dresden. I’m waiting patiently for the next book to come out.
7. Mercy Thompson Series-Patricia Briggs. I first came across her books when I picked up a copy of Iron Kissed at the library a few years ago. I read it and loved it. I spent the next few weeks after finishing it catching up on the rest of the series.
I could’ve added a lot more authors to the list. I have a lot of faves. Can’t wait to see who some of your faves are.