#IWSG: New Year, New Goals

08 Jan

02a62-insecurewriterssupportgroup

Welcome to 2014! This year I hope to accomplish quite a few things. I have set some goals for the year that I plan to stick to if at all possible. The goals are as follows:

1. Edit vampire series (Blood and Water) to get it ready to publish whether traditional or self publish.

2. Work on shifter series (Fur and Fang). Also, come up with possible new title for said series.

3. Start work on Fae series( Dark Fury).

4. Star work on Horror series( Haunted Town). Title may change.

5. Write more short stories.

6. Post chapters to Wattpad to share with all you lovely people. πŸ™‚

7. Write some Fan Fiction. I used to write Fan Fiction a lot. I have found it helps to write this when I’m having issues with writing the more original stories.

8. Take part more often in Blog tours(possibly put one or two together myself). Also, add a new monthly column to the site and have guest spots during the month. Thinking about adding a newsletter as well. πŸ™‚

9. Start my own writing business(editing, etc.)

10. Go to writers conferences, take some writing classes, enter more writing competitions.

Well, that’s it for now. Β Please feel free to share your goals and let me know what you think about the ones I’ve listed for myself. πŸ™‚

20 responses to “#IWSG: New Year, New Goals

1. charitybradford

01/08/2014 at 2:59 pm

These are all great goals and should keep you busy this year. Good luck with all your projects as well. I actually co-host a writing blog and my new job for the year is to put on bloghops/fests and contests. Our first one is coming up on Jan 20th if you want to check it out. You can find it at Unicorn Bell–http://unicornbell.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-year-of-blogfests-and-contest.html

01/08/2014 at 3:10 pm

Thanks Charity. Will check it out. πŸ™‚ Good luck.

2. Diane Burton

01/08/2014 at 3:05 pm

A very impressive list of goals. Good luck with all of them.

01/08/2014 at 3:08 pm

Thanks Diane. Good luck to you with your writing this year as well. πŸ™‚

3. storyteller5

01/08/2014 at 3:19 pm

Good luck on all your goals! I have an ambitious list as well (too long to share here) and just looking at it makes me nervous. I wish you all the best in 2014.

01/08/2014 at 3:22 pm

Thanks. Good luck to you as well. πŸ™‚

4. Alex J. Cavanaugh

01/08/2014 at 3:51 pm

I’m exhausted just reading all of that! I admire anyone who can work on multiple projects at once.

01/08/2014 at 4:00 pm

Hi Alex. Thanks. It’s not easy. I get overwhelmed sometimes and have to take a step back for a few days. My desk always looks like a tornado hit it because I have research, outlines, notes, and such on different projects that haven’t been added to my files on my laptop. πŸ™‚

5. S. Katherine Anthony

01/09/2014 at 12:36 pm

These are fantastic goals!
    I bet you’ll be quite busy all the way to 2015, that’s a good thing πŸ˜‰

01/09/2014 at 1:34 pm

Thank you. If I can accomplish at least part of them 2014 will be considered a success. Good to luck to you as well. πŸ™‚

6. lexacain

01/09/2014 at 6:42 pm

It’s great to see you have so many plans and goals. Your ambitions are inspiring! Good luck!

01/09/2014 at 6:45 pm

Hi Lexa,
      Thanks. Good luck with your writing as well. πŸ™‚

7. David Stringer

01/10/2014 at 12:04 pm

That looks ambitious, and well-organised! I should probably do something similar for my WIPs, though most of them are short stories or smaller in scale.

Good luck!

01/10/2014 at 12:31 pm

Thanks. I hope I can get at least part of those done. Good luck to you as well. πŸ™‚

8. J.L. Campbell

01/10/2014 at 3:52 pm

Diane,

Your list looks like a lot of other writers’ lists I’ve seen. We never stop, do we?
    Here’s wishing you success with your goals.

01/10/2014 at 4:03 pm

Hi J.L.,

The list helps to keep me on track and sane. πŸ™‚ I wish you success as well.

9. Leanne Ross

01/10/2014 at 5:19 pm

My goals seem down right puny next to yours. I just want to revise a couple of rough drafts (one is also a NaNo) and then begin querying.

Good luck with your list!

Leanne ( http://readfaced.wordpress.com/ )

01/10/2014 at 5:24 pm

Hi Leanne,

I may or may not achieve all of them. πŸ™‚ I hope to get part of them done.
      Your goals are great as well. Good luck with your goals. πŸ™‚

10. jamieayres

01/23/2014 at 10:11 pm

This is an impressive list! Best of luck πŸ™‚

01/23/2014 at 10:33 pm