#AtoZChallenge: Angels

A

This is my first year participating in the A to Z Challenge. The list of participants can be found here. Thanks to Arlee Bird and the co-hosts for hosting this awesome challenge. Check out the site here.

I’m also participating in a mini-hop that got started on theme reveal day when a few of us realized we had similar themes. Β It’s called Supernatural A to Z. Click below to check out the list of participants. Β πŸ™‚

Now onto the topic of the day and that is Angels.Β What we know about them comes from many different religions. People are taught to believe that they are good and watch over us. Angels have a hierarchy system for lack of a better term. We have Archangels, Nephilim, and Seraphs to list just a few.

Nephilim are the offspring of humans and angels. Β Archangels are angels with high rank. The four that are talked about are Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Lucifer. Lucifer is considered to be a Archangel even though he is a fallen angel. Seraphs are a higher class of angel. They rank above normal angels in the hierarchy.

My favorite fictional angels are or were on my favorite tv show Supernatural. They are ranked below. Β I like the actors who portray them.

1. Castiel

2. Balthazar

3. Gabriel

The three angels are my favorites because of the actors who portray or has portrayed them. If you’re a fan of the show then you know what I’m talking about. 1 is still part of the show. 2 and 3 were killed during seasons and 5 and 6. I must admit I kinda wanted to add Lucifer to the list as number 4 and as with the others it has to do with the actor who portrayed him.

Posted by on 04/01/2014 in blog hops

Tags: , , ,

38 responses to “#AtoZChallenge: Angels

1. Alex J. Cavanaugh

04/01/2014 at 10:07 am

The Nephilim were one of the reason’s for the flood as well.

04/01/2014 at 10:36 am

Hi Alex, that’s interesting. never had heard that bit of info about them.

2. Alex J. Cavanaugh

04/01/2014 at 10:07 am

Reasons. Sorry, typo.

3. Tasha

04/01/2014 at 10:16 am

I really must get round to watching a Supernatural ep with Castiel in it. I’m afraid I haven’t really watched since s2 even though I have DVDs up to s5 :). Great post.
    Tasha

04/01/2014 at 10:43 am

Hi Tasha, the last few seasons have been good. Castiel has had a little bigger part in the show since season 5. πŸ™‚

4. LadyJai

04/01/2014 at 10:37 am

I love the angels and their mythology! I’ve never watched supernatural but there are so many movies out there that have angelic themes. One of my all time favorite is with Christopher Walken called The Prophecy.

Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    My A to Z
    Caring for My Veteran

04/01/2014 at 10:45 am

Hi Jamie,
      Thanks for stopping by. It’s a good show. Will have to check out The Prophecy. I agree there are a lot of movies with angelic themes. I have a few favorites. πŸ™‚

5. Awillaway

04/01/2014 at 11:43 am

Merry Meet,

I love the idea of a Supernatural A to Z. I kept my theme writing because it fits better with the “goal” of my blog. However, as a side project, I’m working on a short story collection based on The Celtic Moon Calendar and I’m using supernatural creatures from various cultures. I have done a lot of research, already, but I will definitely be keeping an eye on your blog to see what supernatural entities and phenomena you feature each day. I’ll just call it “research”, even though I know it is also for my personal pleasure :D.

04/01/2014 at 12:58 pm

Hi,
      Thanks for stopping by. Glad you liked the post. I have quite a few interesting creatures, places, and other things I’ll be talking about. I love anything that has to do with the supernatural. Your short story collection sounds interesting. πŸ™‚

6. djinnia

04/01/2014 at 1:45 pm

I love supernatural. castiel is my favorite too! i haven’t seen past the first episodes of season 7. misha collins is such an awesome actor. of course, he has his epic fail moment, but i won’t talk about that since it is a spoiler of some peeps.

great post says the supernatural junkie.

04/01/2014 at 5:25 pm

Hi,
      Thanks for stopping by. Castiel is great. Misha directed an episode this season. It just aired a couple of weeks ago. It was a good episode. Of course, I’m a fan of all 3 guys. Started as a fan of Jensen’s when he was on Days of Our Lives. Have to admit never watched Gilmore Girls when Jared was on it. Became a fan of his when SPN started. Had seen Misha in a few tv shows like Charmed. πŸ™‚

7. Alison xx

04/01/2014 at 2:56 pm

Supernatural is one of my OH’s favourite shows on tv. I’ve only seen a couple of episodes (well I say a couple, what I actully mean is up until something gruesome happens, then I’m off LOL). A xx

04/01/2014 at 5:31 pm

Hi,
      Thanks for stopping by. It’s a great show. I can’t wait to see what they do in Season 10. Then there’s the spin-off that’s getting ready to start more than likely in the fall. With the show alone I have plenty of creatures to pick from to talk about this month. πŸ™‚

8. melanie schulz

04/01/2014 at 3:30 pm

Nephilim and Angels have always fascinated me.

04/01/2014 at 5:32 pm

Hi Melanie,
      Thanks for stopping by. I have to admit I had never heard of them before they were talked about on Supernatural. I knew that if I talked about Angels today I couldn’t leave them out because of how fascinating the lore is on them. πŸ™‚

9. eliseabram

04/01/2014 at 4:54 pm

SO interested in this topic. I am working on a novel with something like this in mind. Also loved Supernatural. I’ve been trying to catch up., but stuck somewhere in season 4. Can’t wait to see more of it. Best of luck with the challenge.

04/01/2014 at 5:34 pm

Hi Elise,
      Thanks for stopping by. It is an interesting topic. So many things like Angels to be able to talk about that are tied to the supernatural realm. No spoilers then on the tv show. πŸ™‚
      Good luck to you as well.

04/01/2014 at 5:01 pm

I haven’t seen Supernatural in forever – so many things to do and not enough time to do them! LOL
    Such fascinating creatures!

04/01/2014 at 5:36 pm

It’s been quite interesting over the last few seasons. I will be talking about the show when I get to S so I’ll try to make sure there are no spoilers in the post. I’ve always been interested in Angels. Maybe my next writing project will involve them. πŸ™‚

11. sdneeve1

04/01/2014 at 5:31 pm

Angels are a fascinating subject. The Grigori are a part of my new novel coming later this year. Can’t wait to see what you have for us tomorrow. πŸ™‚

04/01/2014 at 5:39 pm

Yes, they are. Like the Nephilim The Grigori are very interesting as well. Sounds like it’s going to be one interesting book. πŸ™‚

12. Lynda R Young

04/01/2014 at 7:29 pm

Gotta love angels. Super interesting topic.

04/02/2014 at 12:21 am

Hi Lynda,
      Thanks for stopping by. They are very interesting. πŸ™‚

13. kaykae

04/01/2014 at 7:58 pm

Hopping by on A-Z…enjoyed your piece.

04/02/2014 at 12:22 am

Hi,
      Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed it.

14. kborman

04/01/2014 at 10:36 pm

I enjoyed your post, learned some new things and also a refresher on terms I used to know but had long forgotten. Just been getting into the show Supernatural on netflix with Jak at The Cryton Chronicles, but we are only on Season 2 — so no spoilers!

Did you ever watch Charmed back in the day? That show did a lot with the supernatural and angels/demons.

Kate at Daily discovery

04/02/2014 at 12:26 am

Hi Kate,
      Thanks for stopping by. I promise no spoilers. Yes, I watched Charmed a few times. I couldn’t get into it but the few episodes I watched were good.

15. Angela Tague

04/01/2014 at 11:47 pm

I’ve never heard of this hierarchy. Very interesting! Thanks for the educational tid bit! ~ Angela, A to Z participant from Web Writing Advice (http://www.webwritingadvice.com/) and Whole Foods Living (http://wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/)

04/02/2014 at 12:27 am

Hi Angela,
      Thanks for stopping by. Glad you liked it. πŸ™‚

16. Joseph Alsarraf

04/02/2014 at 2:26 am

Great post! I don’t know much about angels other than that they are supposed to protect us and guide us, also make us feel better.

That show “Supernatural” sounds interesting, I might check it out. Thanks for sharing!
    : )

17. zannierose

04/02/2014 at 3:11 am

loads of comments here already. Someone else chose A for Angles too…wonder if there is an overlighting angel lighting up the whole A-Z challenge?

04/02/2014 at 4:20 pm

Thanks for stopping by. That’s interesting. Maybe there is. πŸ™‚

18. Juliette

04/02/2014 at 4:45 am

I love Castiel. I wish he was my guardian angel….swoon. A great theme πŸ™‚

04/02/2014 at 4:21 pm

Thanks for stopping by. Castiel is definitely an angel I would want on my side. πŸ™‚

19. Millie Burns

04/02/2014 at 7:26 pm

Supernatural is such an awesome show! Lucifer is an angel…he just belongs to the dark side…but that’s okay, they have cookies : )

20. Beverly (@Bevimus)

04/18/2014 at 2:14 pm

Does David Boreanaz count because of his character’s name? Cause if so he’s my favorite.

04/18/2014 at 2:16 pm

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, he does. He’s my favorite as well. πŸ™‚