#IWSG: Short stories and more

04 Feb

02a62-insecurewriterssupportgroup

Well January is over and the only things I’ve worked on so far are a couple of short stories and a fan fiction story. Haven’t started working on edits of anything else like I had wanted to. That’s okay though things are falling into place the way they should as far as I’m concerned. I’m not letting it stress me out that I didn’t get everything accomplished that I wanted to.

This month my goal is to get my A to Z challenge posts done, work on short stories, start edits of some of my other work, do character posts, and add the beginning of a story I’m going to put on here.

Also, I have decided to not do so many reviews. I was getting behind in reading books. There will still be reviews on here but not one every other day.

That’s it for now. Stay tuned. 🙂

13 responses to “#IWSG: Short stories and more

1. mirymom

02/04/2015 at 9:37 am

Sounds like you’re finding that balance of when to be strict with yourself and what limits to set. I know I also struggle to balance reading and writing time, along with the day job. Best of luck to you!

02/04/2015 at 9:51 am

Thanks. I’m trying to. In the past I’ve been all over the place with the writing and never seemed to get anything accomplished. Now that I’m setting limits the writing is flowing and things are getting done. Good luck to you as well!

2. charitybradford

02/04/2015 at 9:48 am

I love that you have a plan but are willing to make it flexible. Seems that’s the only way I can get things done. Good luck with your writing and the A to Z. I’ve started mapping my posts out but need to start on the details.

02/04/2015 at 9:55 am

Thanks. It’s working so far. At least now I don’t feel like I’m stressed to the max and things are getting done so that’s a good thing. I have the topics for mine just need to start writing them. Good luck. 🙂

02/04/2015 at 12:53 pm

Sounds like a plan, and I agree let things fall where they may. Goals are good but progressing, even slowly, is PROGRESS!

02/04/2015 at 12:58 pm

I totally agree. Good things are happening now since I put the plan into motion and I am having fun writing. 🙂

4. Alex J. Cavanaugh (@AlexJCavanaugh)

02/04/2015 at 5:21 pm

Is that all?
    Hey, smart to get ahead on Challenge posts. I have mine planned and am formatting them already.

02/04/2015 at 5:37 pm

You’re ahead of me then. All I have are the topics and the titles. Will start writing and scheduling them this weekend. 🙂

5. jazzfeathers

02/05/2015 at 9:18 am

You know? I think making plans and making them fexible is the best way to go. Having plans is fantastic and effective, but life happens all the time and we should be willing and prepared to readjust all the time.

I also plan to take part to the A to Z Challang. This will be my first time. I’m a bit scared…

6. Randi Lee

02/05/2015 at 9:30 am

Seems like you have a lot going on! Good luck trying to balance everything 🙂 And hey, if something falls by the wayside now and then, so be it. You can only do so much.

02/06/2015 at 2:31 pm

Thanks. So true. It used to upset me when something didn’t get done but now that I’ve set up a plan it makes it easier to handle things. 🙂

7. dolorah

02/06/2015 at 1:08 am

Nice to be comfortable with your writing pace 🙂