#AtoZChallenge: Elrond, Erebor, Eagles

E (1)

The eagles were another of my favorites. They might not have been seen a lot but when they were it turned the tide of the situation going at the time. I have another reason to be fond of the birds and their first king Thorondor. The reason is highlighted in the topic for the letter L. Sorry, you’ll have to check out L to see what it is. šŸ™‚

Lord Elrond is one of my favorites as far as the elves go. There is basically nothing that he doesn’t know. He was a great leader among his people. One thing I liked about Elrond was that he would advise someone on something but not try to stop them from doing what they had set out to do no matter the outcome would be.

Erebor (The Lonely Mountain) is the home of Durin’s folk. It was actually reclaimed twice. The first time was by Thror (Thorin’s grandfather) after it had been abandoned. The second time was after Smaug had attacked and claimed it. Thorin and his company took it back from Smaug. Thorin never got to rule as King because he was killed in battle shortly after reclaiming the mountain.

Look forward to reading your comments on which of these are your favorite. šŸ™‚

Posted by on 04/06/2015 in blog hops

19 responses to “#AtoZChallenge: Elrond, Erebor, Eagles

1. wittegenpress

04/06/2015 at 9:30 am

I have a soft spot for Elrond too šŸ™‚ But I like the eagles as well.
    Sophie
    Sophie’s Thoughts & Fumbles
    FB3X
    Wittegen Press

04/06/2015 at 11:04 am

Elrond is my fave of the elves but I do like Legolas too. šŸ™‚ The eagles are cool.

2. blahpolar

04/06/2015 at 9:49 am

Gwaihir. #TeamGwaihir and Gwaihir for president of everything. šŸ˜‰ http://i.imgur.com/S4OeiUQ.jpg?1

3. mbarkersimpson

04/06/2015 at 10:00 am

It’s got to be Lord Elrond for me. Strong and noble; exactly as I imagine an elf to be šŸ™‚

04/06/2015 at 2:45 pm

I totally agree. He is one of my faves. I like Legolas as well. šŸ™‚

• mbarkersimpson

04/06/2015 at 2:48 pm

Yep, we can’t forget the skilled archer – Legolas is just great šŸ˜€

4. djinnia

04/06/2015 at 11:07 am

Eagles definitely. I find it fascinating that elrond was part human.

5. keiths ramblings

04/06/2015 at 11:53 am

Visiting your blog each day is proving something of an education to me. No faves just yet!

04/06/2015 at 2:44 pm

Cool. Glad you’re enjoying the posts. šŸ™‚

6. Denise D Hammond

04/06/2015 at 1:21 pm

Aha. Someone commented on my blog about a Tolkien A to Z. And now I have found you. I am just doing a Tolkien bonus at the end of each day’s post on my Russian adventure.

7. mirymom

04/06/2015 at 1:41 pm

Elrond would be a good guy to have in your corner.

8. AMomBlogs

04/06/2015 at 7:01 pm

Visiting from AtoZ challenge. šŸ™‚ Iā€™m also doing the A to Z challenge, Organize Home Life on http://AMomsPointOfView.com

9. bftreviews

04/06/2015 at 9:45 pm

Can I pick all of them as my favourites? The eagles were especially cool though šŸ™‚ Great post

04/07/2015 at 12:01 am

Thanks. I agree about the eagles. Nothing wrong with picking them all as your favorites. šŸ™‚