#AtoZChallenge: Gandalf, Gloin, Gimli, Gollum

G (1)

Credit LOTR Wkia

Gollum is one of those characters that will kind of creep you out when you see him on the screen for the first time but once you know his story and what the ring did to him over the years you kind of feel sorry for him. I started out not liking him but by the end it was a kind of a love/hate relationship for the character. The Hunt For Gollum was mentioned to me by Gene’O as a good movie to watch.I have to agree. I enjoyed watching it. It is fan made as well and by the same people who made Born of Hope. There are two versions of it. The one below is the better of the two and was done in 2012 I believe as the original was done in 2009 if I remember correctly. Enjoy.

Β Gandalf and his meddlesome ways. What’s not to love about Gandalf. Yes, he might talk in riddles and get around answering the question you ask without giving a straightforward answer but he still is one of my faves from both LOTR and The Hobbit. Sir Ian McKellen was great as Gandalf. Personally, I’m not sure anyone else could have played him the way Sir Ian did.

Credit lotr wikia Gloin

Credit lotr wikia Gimli, son of Gloin

Gloin and Gimli. Father and son. Gloin was one of the thirteen dwarves in Thorin’s company and had a run in with Legolas first. I wonder what he would’ve thought about Gimli becoming friends with the one elf that insulted him when he saw a picture of him when the dwarves were detained in Mirkwood. Father and son went on separate adventures and they both involved elves, hobbits, and men.

Look forward to reading your comments. πŸ™‚

Posted by on 04/08/2015 in blog hops

14 responses to “#AtoZChallenge: Gandalf, Gloin, Gimli, Gollum

1. bftreviews

04/08/2015 at 10:05 am

Who doesn’t love Gandalf? He’s an easy favourite of mine. πŸ™‚

2. djinnia

04/08/2015 at 10:10 am

Gimli was an awesome character. Without him lotr would have been really dark. Although he wasn’t as seriously portrayed as the hobbit dwarves, I think that was a good thing.

Gandolph is the bomb! He totally rocked. he’s pretty spry for a wizard with a few millennia under his belt.

04/08/2015 at 11:16 am

Gimli was awesome. Gandalf is great. πŸ™‚

3. Denise D Hammond

04/08/2015 at 11:43 am

OH, I’m making my list of more videos to watch. When will I have the time???

04/08/2015 at 8:00 pm

Cool. I hope you enjoy them. Finding the time I can’t help with. What I do is usually pick a day when I really don’t have anything else planned πŸ™‚

4. Julia Matthews

04/08/2015 at 1:25 pm

Gandalf is awesome.

04/08/2015 at 1:50 pm

Wow! I hadn’t realized how many great G characters were in this piece. Gimli, Gandolf, and Gollum are three of my favorites!

04/08/2015 at 7:50 pm

I didn’t either until I started putting the list together. Yeah, they are a few of my faves as well πŸ™‚

6. childofaslan

04/09/2015 at 12:33 am

Dropped by via the A-to-Z list. Enjoyed your LOTR theme very much!

04/09/2015 at 9:38 am

Hi, thanks for stopping by. Glad you have enjoyed my theme. πŸ™‚

7. shawn

04/09/2015 at 11:29 am

Great post! All are truly awesome characters. Many of the great dwarven characters get overshadowed by Gandolf and Gimli. Curse you,now I have another great time wasting video to feed my procrastination . πŸ™‚

04/09/2015 at 1:18 pm

Thanks. There were some truly awesome characters. I agree about the dwarven characters getting overshadowed. Sorry, but it’s a fun way to procrastinate. πŸ™‚