#AtoZChallenge: Pippin

P (1)

Credit LOTR Wikia

Peregrin ‘Pippin’ Took was a friend of Frodo’s. Pippin is one of my favorite hobbits. He went on the quest with Frodo without knowing where they were going at first. He was a lovable character who could find trouble no matter where he was. When Pippin returned to the shire he was known for going on the quest but he is also known for being one of the captains who led the Shire-Folk in a revolt against the followers of Saruman who had taken over the Shire.

Billy Boyd is one of my favorite actors and singers. One of my favorite scenes is when Pippin is singing for Denethor while Faramir rides into battle against Orcs. It was also used in the teaser trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. The Last Goodbye is one of my favorite songs. Enjoy the videos. πŸ™‚

Credit is as follows: The first video was posted by Stine Bybjerg, the other two are from the Warner Bros. channel on youtube.

Look forward to reading your comments. πŸ™‚

Posted by on 04/18/2015 in blog hops

10 responses to “#AtoZChallenge: Pippin

1. djinnia

04/18/2015 at 9:44 am

He was one of my favorites too. His light-heartened way kept the company’s spirits up. But he was always the klutz and trouble maker too.

04/18/2015 at 5:28 pm

I totally agree. I loved that about him. He was just being himself. πŸ™‚

2. notarize123

04/18/2015 at 1:13 pm

This is the weekend before the last full week of A to Z. You’re amazing for staying with us this long. Thanks for your commitment. You’re almost there. This event only happens once a year, so get ready for the home stretch!

Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Cohost
    P is for Paranormal Vs. Supernatural

04/20/2015 at 5:01 pm

Hi Stephen, thanks for stopping by. Hanging in there to the end. Have already started thinking about next year’s theme. πŸ™‚

3. Jennifer L. Hawes

04/18/2015 at 2:04 pm

Having a true friend makes all the difference!

4. Poui Season

04/20/2015 at 3:48 pm

Pippin is one of my favourite characters, with such an endearing quality to him – and Billy Boyd – love him (like you, some of that love is on account of his beautiful voice).

04/20/2015 at 4:55 pm

I have to agree. I love Billy’s voice. πŸ™‚

5. Jemima Pett

05/19/2015 at 9:21 am

I love that song. It’s the last part of the ‘Minas Tirith’ piece of the soundtrack, so it comes up on my iPod from time to time. I remember hearing Billy say how nervous he was about singing it, all alone, when they were filming it. Billy was great in Master and Commander, as well. I wish they’d done a sequel to that – too late now, though 😦

05/19/2015 at 1:20 pm

I love both of the songs. He was great. I totally understand why he would feel nervous singing it, all alone, while filming it.