#AtoZChallenge: Sam,Shire, Smaug

S (1)

Samwise Gamgee is someone who you would want as your best friend. He was loyal and wasn’t about to let Frodo go anywhere without him even it meant going to Mt. Doom to destroy a ring. I think he was meant to go with Frodo because he kept him focused and wouldn’t let him give up.

Shire is predominately a peaceful place to live. One of the most well known places is Bag End. There is Hobbiton, Bywater, and Buckland to name just a few. I love how serene and laid back the hobbits seem to be. They don’t go looking for trouble and just live their lives. More about the Shire can be found here and here.

Smaug the Golden was one of the greatest known fire-dragons of Middle-Earth. He is well known for taking Erebor from the dwarves and destroying Dale. Smaug stayed in the mountain for many years before Thorin decided to take back Erebor. He was slain while attacking Laketown by Bard. Dragons are one of my favorite creatures. I was really impressed with the cgi creation of Smaug for the movies. It was great.

Look forward to reading your comments. πŸ™‚

Posted by on 04/22/2015 in blog hops

6 responses to “#AtoZChallenge: Sam,Shire, Smaug

1. J.L. Campbell (@JL_Campbell)

04/22/2015 at 11:32 am

I only like dragons in fairy tales and I haven’t read much of those lately.
    J.L. Campbell | A-Z Challenge Co-Host

04/22/2015 at 12:21 pm

Hi J.L., Thanks for stopping by. Dragons are awesome. Smaug is one of my faves. πŸ™‚

2. S. L. Hennessy

04/22/2015 at 11:45 am

Oh wow, are you doing Tolkein here? That’s awesome! I LOVE the Shire and Smaug.

Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy

04/22/2015 at 12:22 pm

Hi S.L., thanks for stopping by. It’s been fun. I love Tolkien and decided I couldn’t think of a better theme to have for April. The Shire and Smaug are awesome. πŸ™‚

3. djinnia

04/24/2015 at 10:30 am

Smaug is awesome! I loved him in the cartoon and the movies! Benedict did an amazing voicing job.

04/24/2015 at 2:29 pm

Yes, he is. Benedict is awesome. He was also the voice of the necromancer.