#IWSG: Stories and then some…..

07 Oct

02a62-insecurewriterssupportgroup

The end of September ended on a good note. I was able to get a couple of short stories started as well as a new novel. Have a couple of deadlines coming up soon. Will be finishing those stories soon. Unfortunately, I haven’t really written anything since the first of October. It wasn’t for the lack of wanting to but too many things were working against me.

One of those obstacles was weather related. It has rained since last Friday and dumped any where from 15 to 20 inches of rain. The sun finally made an appearance in the sky today and the rain has finally started to recede some.

I’ve decided the rest of October will be a very good writing time. I’m writing outlines and prepping for NaNo. Have a new Horror/Supernatural I want to get started on and NaNo seems like the perfect time to get it written or at least the first part of it written. πŸ™‚

Look forward to your thoughts and comments. πŸ™‚

6 responses to “#IWSG: Stories and then some…..

1. TBM

10/07/2015 at 9:39 am

Wow! That’s a lot of rain. It’s been raining off and on for the last three days in London, but that’s normal and it never rains that much. Happy writing!

10/07/2015 at 12:51 pm

I agree. Some parts of the state are still flooded and sinkholes are forming in various places that have seen roads washed out. The water is slowly receding in the worst hit areas and now the clean up is starting. With the clean up starting I feel like I can concentrate on my writing again. πŸ™‚

10/07/2015 at 8:49 pm

I’m getting ready for a new NaNo novel myself. Was thinking of outlining this year. I’ve never outlined before (I’m a total pantser). Best of luck with your new story!

10/07/2015 at 10:36 pm

Good luck. I’m outlining mine as well. I’m a combination of both plotter and pantser. For me it depends on the story as to which one I am at the time. πŸ™‚

3. Alex J. Cavanaugh (@AlexJCavanaugh)

10/08/2015 at 3:22 pm

With that much rain, you must live in South Carolina. Hope you weren’t flooded.
    The sun is out and today is a new start for writing!

10/08/2015 at 4:54 pm

Yes, I do and luckily our neighborhood got some flooding but not like what happened on the other side of the town. I was so happy to see the sun. I did start writing again for the first time since everything happened. πŸ™‚