#atozchallenge: Evernote

E 2016

Another tool I use is Evernote. Like dropbox I started using this one recently as well. Before using either one of them I didn’t back up files like I should have and paid the consequences of not doing so. I learned my lesson about that and now everything is sent to at least three different backup locations I use. I use Evernote mainly to keep track of ideas, notes, and research I find when I’m online. I definitely like to be organized and be able to find things I’ve looked at and were interested in without having to do a search on the topic again. I will admit one thing about myself and that’s I thought I was organized because I had post-it notes and stacks of folders sitting everywhere but Evernote makes it a lot easier to be organized and have things where I can find them quickly. I still do have post-it notes and folders though sitting on a table I use as a writing area and that’ because I still like to write long hand sometimes when working on a story especially if a thought or idea hits me and I can’t be at my computer for some reason.

Posted by on 04/06/2016 in blog hops

9 responses to “#atozchallenge: Evernote

1. Sheila M. Good, Author

04/06/2016 at 10:19 am

I use Evernote to backup things via IFTTT, other than that I use dropbox. Good suggestion to backup in at least 3 places. Thanks for the reminder. @sheilamgood at Cow Pasture Chronicles

04/06/2016 at 10:36 am

Hi Shelia, you’re very welcome. Glad to be able to help with suggestions about different programs, etc. 🙂

2. Rosa

04/06/2016 at 12:46 pm

I really should back up in more than one place, makes perfect sense. I’ll also check out Evernote. Thanks 🙂
    Rosa
    @RosaT_Author
    Rosa Temple writes…

04/06/2016 at 3:18 pm

Hi Rosa, you’re welcome. Can’t ever have too many places to have as back ups 🙂

3. Reprobate Typewriter

04/06/2016 at 5:04 pm

I haven’t tried Evernote, but I have all the same organization problems with my writing. I’ll have to give it a go. Happy a-to-z

04/06/2016 at 7:20 pm

I hear great things about Evernote, but haven’t gotten in there to play around yet. I can really get lost exploring tools and then not have time to use them all!

@mirymom1 from

5. Yvonne V

04/06/2016 at 9:56 pm

I like Evernote for bookmarking websites — I haven’t explored all of its functionality yet.

I’m blogging about productivity for creative people this month. Happy A to Zing!
    Yvonne

04/07/2016 at 9:22 am

Hi Yvonne, it’s definitely a great thing to have to bookmark websites. I save the ones that have to do with the story research I do. That’s awesome. Will check out your posts when I get the chance. 🙂