#atzchallenge: Fantasy, FanFiction

F 2016

The Fantasy genre is my favorite genre to write. I write both epic and urban fantasy. It’s such an open field to write in fantasy. So many different types of characters to create and write about. The author that has the most influence on me to write fantasy is J.R.R. Tolkien. The first time I read The Lord of The Rings I knew I wanted to write fantasy. I’m a fan of both the books and the movies. I’ve mentioned it before about how big a fan I am. Just look at my A to Z challenge from last year. 🙂 It was all about The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings. I read the books every year. I will admit I watch all the movies( LOTR and The Hobbit) more than my family thinks I should. I tend to spend a weekend every few months binge watching the movies. 🙂

Fanfiction is the last topic of the day. I love writing fanfiction as well as original stories. I’ve been writing fanfiction off and on over the last 10 years. For me, writing fanfiction helps when I’m having issues with writing my original stories. Also, it’s fun to write stories set in my favorite fandoms. I write about those characters as well as create original characters to fit in the stories.  My favorite fandoms to write are The Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit, Supernatural (tv show), and a few other fandoms. I haven’t posted any of the stories on the fanfiction sites yet because I need to find beta readers who write fanfiction especially in The Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit fandoms since those are my main fandoms to write. 🙂

Look forward to your comments 🙂

Posted by on 04/07/2016 in blog hops

18 responses to “#atzchallenge: Fantasy, FanFiction

1. tawnyalarie

04/07/2016 at 9:15 am

I love The Lord of the Rings! I wish I could write Fantasy, but I am better at reading it! 🙂 Great post!

2. Cafenined Words

04/07/2016 at 9:34 am

I love fantasies and reading them
    The lord of the rings was one of best read 🙂

@dixita011 from
    Cafenined words

04/07/2016 at 11:45 am

Fantasy is such a fun landscape to run around in, both as a reader and a writer!

@mirymom1 from

4. Helen Hollick

04/07/2016 at 12:10 pm

Really interesting, thanks for sharing!
    from @HelenHollick
    A-Z Let Us Talk Of Many Things
    Website
    Like Me On Facebook
    Find Me On An Amazon Near You

5. melanieburnsschulz

04/07/2016 at 2:05 pm

I love to read fantasy, but have never written it–have no idea why.

6. Francis H Powell

04/07/2016 at 3:28 pm

04/07/2016 at 6:37 pm

I like dark fantasy but if it gets too disturbing I’m turned off of reading the book.

7. G. R. McNeese

04/07/2016 at 3:38 pm

There’s a part of me that is interested in writing fan fiction. But I’m so nervous in butchering the canon. Ironically, I would base my fan fiction on Fantasy, which I have never attempted to write, let alone read. I haven’t found a fantasy book that has screamed, “Read Me!” Perhaps, my tastes are too rigid. I’m trying to break out my comfort in terms of reading, and am looking for suggestions. If you know of any, feel free to pass them along.

04/07/2016 at 6:43 pm

Hi G.R., fan fiction is fun to write. I was nervous too the first time I ever wrote fan fiction and then got some good feedback on the stories I had written and that helped a lot.
      As for books to read I can only suggest the ones that I’ve read and that’s The Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter. Then there’s Game of Thrones but I wasn’t able to finish reading it.
      If anyone else has suggestions for G.R. about books to read please share them 🙂

8. Cynthia

04/07/2016 at 4:27 pm

Hello from A to Z. Have you read a book called Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell? It’s a book about a girl who likes to write fan fiction. I myself haven’t written fan fiction, but it’s always fun to see the ideas readers come up with for their favorite books.

04/07/2016 at 6:38 pm

Hi Cynthia, no I haven’t. Will check it out. It’s fun to write. I’ve been writing fan fiction for a few years. 🙂

9. djinnia

04/07/2016 at 10:28 pm

I do write a. Bit of fan fic, they will never see the light of day. I read a lot more than I write.

04/07/2016 at 10:59 pm