#atozchallenge: Grammarly

G 2016

Grammarly is another tool I use. I use it at the beginning of my editing process to make a general assessment of what might be wrong with the story. One of the things I don’t do is take everything that it flags as being completely right. I make note of the word/sentence issues it points out and then I move on. I will read the story once on my own before reading the things that grammarly flagged as being issues. Then I read it again with a list of the issues and see if they are going to be changed or not. I use grammarly, hemingway app, and spellcheck when editing my pieces of writing.

Look forward to your comments:)

Posted by on 04/08/2016 in blog hops

7 responses to “#atozchallenge: Grammarly

04/08/2016 at 12:35 pm

It’s definitely important to use the tool and not be used by it. Writers break “rules” all the time (like sentence fragments, syntax, etc.) for an effect. Still, tools like this can help you spot errors and things you overuse.

@mirymom1 from

04/08/2016 at 12:45 pm

So true. That’s why I only use them as a starting point for editing. πŸ™‚

2. Jemima Pett

04/08/2016 at 5:29 pm

I see a lot about Grammarly but yours is the first indication of using it. With me it would need to distinguish correctly between from and form, and also offer synonyms for every occurrence of ‘look’ πŸ˜€
    Nice to see you again – I popped your post of Aragorn in my Pinterest board and have come back to see you this year!
    Jemima Pett

04/08/2016 at 10:54 pm

Hi Jemima, thanks for stopping by. I agree with you. I only use it sparingly to help edit my stories. πŸ™‚

04/09/2016 at 1:28 am

I use grammarly too, it’s priceless, but not always right!

4. lukrause

04/09/2016 at 8:49 am

Good idea to question grammar tool suggestions. I’ve never tried this tool but looks like it could be helpful.