#atozchallenge: Hemingway app

H 2016

I’ve recently started using the Hemingway app to help with some of the editing I do. The jury is still out on it. There are some things I like about and some that I don’t. I’m one of those people that like to edit on paper and then add changes to the digital copy. So, I tend to use the Hemingway app and grammarly once at the beginning of the editing process and then again toward the end. While these type of programs are good to have as a writer you can’t totally relay on them to edit the story for you. They do have limitations to them as to what can be done when using them. πŸ™‚

Look forward to your comments. πŸ™‚

Posted by on 04/09/2016 in blog hops

8 responses to “#atozchallenge: Hemingway app

1. Ann V. Friend

04/09/2016 at 11:35 am

Good to know (smile) Thanks. Blessings and enjoy your weekend!

04/09/2016 at 2:40 pm

I’ve only just tinkered with Hemingway. Mostly, I rely on my critique group.

@mirymom1 from

04/09/2016 at 4:06 pm

I use a critique group as well and only use apps like this one at the beginning of editing and again toward the end. πŸ™‚

3. G. R. McNeese

04/09/2016 at 7:02 pm

I’ve never heard of the Hemingway app. Quite frankly, I wouldn’t see myself using it.

04/09/2016 at 9:51 pm

Hi G.R., no problem. Some people like to use apps like it and grammarly to help them edit their work and some people don’t. πŸ™‚

4. Nilanjana Bose

04/11/2016 at 3:16 am

Had no clue that there was a Hemingway app! Thanks for the enlightenment. Not very handy with apps and tech stuff, still tend to edit the old fashioned way.

Best of luck with the rest of the challenge,
    Nilanjana.
    Ninja Minion, A-Z 2016
    Madly-in-Verse

04/11/2016 at 9:16 am

You’re welcome. I’m the same way. I only use the app at the beginning of my editing and toward the end. The rest of the time I edit the old fashioned way. πŸ™‚