#atozchallenge: Top Ten Writing Sites

T 2016

Today’s topic was going to be about timelines but I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to list my top ten favorite sites instead. Here they are πŸ™‚

1. Wattpad I’ve had an account on here for a while and never really used it. I did post the opening of a story about a year ago. I plan to change that though.

2. WriteOn by Kindle–Β Have used this in the past to get feedback on a couple of stories. Plan to add another one soon.

3. SheWrites–Β This one I’ve been a member for a long time and it’s good for some networking.

4. Scribophile–Β This a critique style site. I’ve not posted anything to it yet for feedback

5. Skrawl–Β This is a new one. I joined it a few months ago. It’s a site where you can post your writing to get feedback and you can allow others to write a bit of the story as well.

6. Inkitt–Β Have been a member of this one for a bit but haven’t posted anything. That will be changing soon.

7. Archive of Our Own–Β This is a really cool fanfiction site. I’ve been a member for about a year or so. Haven’t posted any of my fanfiction yet but am getting ready to change that soon.

8. Jukepop This is a serial writing site. It’s pretty cool.

9. MythicScribes–Β This is a blog about fantasy writing.

10. Writer’s Digest–Β Great articles listed on here.

Look forward to your comments πŸ™‚

Posted by on 04/23/2016 in blog hops

15 responses to “#atozchallenge: Top Ten Writing Sites

1. mirymom

04/23/2016 at 6:18 pm

Interesting! While I’ve heard of some of these sites, I haven’t really explored many of them very far.

@mirymom1 from

04/23/2016 at 6:42 pm

They are good sites. I really like being a member of them or reading the articles a couple of them provide. πŸ™‚

2. stephie5741

04/23/2016 at 10:50 pm

This is a great list! I need to save it to my favorites.

Stephanie

3. hilarymb

04/24/2016 at 7:37 am

Hi Diane – they look good sites … I’ve made a note to check them out … cheers Hilary

04/24/2016 at 11:22 am

That’s great. They are. Glad to share them πŸ™‚

4. sarahannefoster

04/24/2016 at 1:41 pm

I actually hadn’t heard of most of these! I know a lot of fellow bloggers post on Wattpad, though, so I’ve been meaning to check it out.

Sarah Foster
    Stormy’s Sidekick!
    The Faux Fountain Pen
    @Sarah_A_Foster

04/24/2016 at 2:01 pm

Hi, wattpad is pretty good. I’m going to start using it more than I do. Some of the other sites are fairly new. I found them because of other people I know that are members. πŸ™‚

5. Jemima Pett

04/24/2016 at 4:26 pm

That’s a useful list. I’m very bad at getting critique from anybody but my trusted beta readers. I hope they know I want to hear the truth, but not be annihilated by it. Thanks for the ideas.
    Jemima Pett

6. Michael

04/25/2016 at 5:25 am

I never made the list, but I’m not good at lists, I never seem to tick them all off! Popping by from the AtoZ Challenge in Norfolk

04/25/2016 at 10:33 am

Hi Michael, thanks for stopping by. I have lists for everything especially to do ones when it comes to my writing. πŸ™‚

7. Alex Hurst

06/08/2016 at 12:42 pm

Those are some excellent resources for critique websites! I used to go to AbsoluteWrite and Critters, but stepped away from both… Critters felt like too much pressure and too impersonal, and AbsoluteWrite’s overall atmosphere was a little too cutthroat to my liking. Thanks for the new options to explore (especially since so many are in my genre!)

06/08/2016 at 12:47 pm

I used to go to AbsoluteWrite as well and found the same thing you mentioned about your experience. I left and started looking around for other places that I would fit in and get the feedback I was looking for. Glad you found some new options to explore. πŸ™‚

8. Shirley Corder

04/26/2017 at 10:59 am

Interesting list. I’ve visited some along the way, and I do believe I’ve joined a couple – but I’ve never done anything with them. V is for the Virtue of Value as you Build a Better Blog. #AtoZchallenge.