#IWSG: Setting goals and writing

07 Dec

Insecure Writers Support Group Badge

I won NaNo and basically don’t like a lot of what I wrote for the story. So, now it’s on to revising it to get it ready for submission. I have started working on my goals list for 2017. Recently, launched my author services on here. Please check out the page and share it with others. πŸ™‚

Will be adding more new pages in the coming weeks and months. My plan for the rest of December is to post the series of posts I’ve talked about before and to add the first part of a story that is going to be posted on here for all of my lovely followers to read. πŸ™‚

Now, onto December’s IWSG question: In terms of your writing career, where do you see yourself five years from now, and what’s your plan to get there?

I see my writing career and my business thriving whether it’s editing, being a small publisher, or both. πŸ™‚ I have already started part of that plan by launching the author services page on here and am writing or rewriting books to get them ready for publishing.

That’s it for now.

Look forward to your comments. πŸ™‚

10 responses to “#IWSG: Setting goals and writing

1. miladyronel

12/07/2016 at 9:41 am

Nano can have that deflating effect πŸ˜‰ Good luck with your writing endeavours.

12/07/2016 at 6:35 pm

I’m starting to suspect that if you think your NaNoWriMo work is gold, you’re not reading it critically enough. @mirymom1 from

12/07/2016 at 7:06 pm

I agree. I learned early on that what I write during NaNo was just to help me get scenes down and I would be rewriting most of it after NaNo was done. πŸ™‚

3. Alex J. Cavanaugh (@AlexJCavanaugh)

12/07/2016 at 7:59 pm

That sounds like a very stable plan. And one with many options.

12/07/2016 at 8:06 pm

Thanks. It is fun being able to get my dream of owning a business started and the writing is going good as well. πŸ™‚

4. cgcoppola

12/07/2016 at 8:23 pm

Yay for getting your stuff going! Good luck!

5. Kelsie Engen

12/08/2016 at 9:14 am

I always find NaNo both invigorating and exhausting. I’m in the same boat–my NaNo novel is a bunch of swill, and I’ve got a lot of rewriting to do. But that’s okay. At least it’s written down! πŸ™‚ Good luck on your 5-year goals! (and your 2017 goals!)

12/08/2016 at 10:17 am

I agree. For me NaNo is about getting it all written down then work on making it make sense. πŸ™‚ Thanks.