Thanks to Alex for hosting this each month. Here is the complete list of participants.
It’s a new year and time for new goals and plans. Classes started for me the week before Christmas and we had a holiday break. It was busy around before and after Christmas. I have almost finished Town Curse. I have a little of 6800 words left to go for my total word count of 55k. Then I will let it set until Feb. 1st and start revising and editing it. I will be taking my final thesis class this summer and will be polishing up the story and get it ready for possible publication.
Now onto my goals and plans for 2019.
1. Find a teaching job
2. Finish my Master’s degree
3. Publish Town Curse
4. Work on several other stories I have started to get them ready for publication next year
5. Refresh this site and the pen name site
6. Launch my publishing company
7. Update both sites more often than I did in 2018.
8. Find Beta readers/critique partners
9. Learn how to create book covers
10. Do something fun like take a class that interests me for personal reasons.
These are my goals and plans for 2019. They are really in no particular order as to what I do first. I just plan to do them this year.
Look forward to your comments. 🙂
8 thoughts on “#IWSG: 2019 Goals and Plans”
That is an aggressive list! Kudos to you. Try online schools as you’re hunting for a teaching job. They are becoming more and more popular.
Thanks. I plan to look at online schools as well. 🙂
My 2018 checklist has rolled over into 2019. It just means we’re ambitious. Happy IWSG Day!
Yes we are. Good luck with yours.
Good luck with all your goals!
Hi Patricia, thank you.
That sounds like a busy year. There are quite a few IWSG members who could either help with the covers or share their cover artist with you.
Thank you for the info Alex. Will definitely keep IWSG members in mind when I get to that point with the book. 🙂