#IWSG: Writing and Camp NaNo

06 Mar

Insecure Writers Support Group Badge

March is here and the edits/revisions are going great. It looks like I’ll be adding more to the word count and am making a lot of changes to it including title and main character. Classes start next week and I’m looking forward to them. They are about the business of writing and content and copy writing.

I can’t decide if I want to participate in the A to Z challenge or Camp NaNo. The A to Z challenge is a little more time consuming so I might sit out again this year. Camp NaNo is easier because I can set up the word count I want to achieve and I have a story I want to get started on while I do edits/revisions and assignments for class and look for teaching jobs.

The site is going to be going through some changes soon with a few new pages and other things.

Look forward to your comments. 🙂

16 responses to “#IWSG: Writing and Camp NaNo

1. J.S. Pailly

03/06/2019 at 8:45 am

Sounds like you’ve got a lot going on! I am planning to do A to Z this year, but I know it is a huge commitment. It can be really intimidating.

03/06/2019 at 11:46 am

Hi J.S., yes it is and can be. I usually have a theme and start a couple of months before sign up getting the posts ready but this year I’m still in school and it takes my time. I might still decide to do it though. 🙂 Good luck.

2. TammyB

03/06/2019 at 10:11 am

That is amazing that your revision is going great! I am trying to decide on Camp NANO too. I have to look into the A-Z challenge. I have always just missed it… lots to think about from your post.

03/06/2019 at 11:48 am

Hi TammyB, thanks. A-Z challenge is fun. When I participate I usually have a theme and start working on the posts a couple of months before sign up opens that way I have time to visit other blogs. 🙂

3. Jacqui Murray

03/06/2019 at 12:20 pm

I know what you mean about AtoZ. I’m doing my own iteration of it–something I hope will work better for me but not completely comply with their guidelines.

Oh well.

03/06/2019 at 6:34 pm

Hi Jacqui, at this point I’m definitely leaning toward Camp NaNo because I can get started on the new story. That sounds like a good plan. I might try something like that in the next couple of months when I have time to put the posts together. 🙂 Good luck.

4. mlouisebarbourfundyblue

03/06/2019 at 1:24 pm

I am in awe at what you’re juggling and may choose to juggle, Diane! Good luck as you tackle your goals, and enjoy IWSG Day!

03/06/2019 at 6:32 pm

Hi mlouise, thank you. It is definitely a juggle to do the things I want to. I’m definitely leaning toward doing Camp NaNo instead of the A to Z challenge because of the time commitment for the challenge. I will keep everyone posted on my Camp NaNo project.

5. Tonja Drecker

03/06/2019 at 2:19 pm

A to Z is time consuming and like you, I’m hitting NaNoWriMo this year instead. Good luck!

03/06/2019 at 6:30 pm

Hi Tonja, I love the A to Z but the time commitment isn’t something I can do this year. I’m definitely leaning toward doing Camp this year while I take my classes because I can set a lower word count that I know I can reach during April. Good luck.

6. Alex J. Cavanaugh (@AlexJCavanaugh)

03/06/2019 at 2:34 pm

Go for Camp NaNo. You’ll get a lot of writing done and have something to show for your efforts.

03/06/2019 at 6:29 pm

Hi Alex, I agree. I’m definitely leaning toward Camp NaNo.

7. ddominikwickles

03/06/2019 at 3:09 pm

Good luck with your edits and revisions!

8. M.J. Fifield

03/06/2019 at 10:45 pm

I’ve been considering doing Camp NaNo next month because it’s more flexible with the goals. I also have the same reservations with the A to Z Challenge. I’ve loved doing it in past years, but it is incredibly time consuming.

Best of luck with your edits and classes!

03/06/2019 at 11:12 pm

Hi M.J., thank you. Yes A to Z is time consuming but fun to do if you do have the time to devote to it. That’s the reason I plan to do Camp NaNo next month. I love the flexible goals. Good luck.